Monday, February 4, 2008

The Clean at Cakeshop - November 29, 2007


Click image for The Clean photo gallery

myspace.com/theclean

I was very grateful to my friend Camilla for letting me know about this show. I had heard The Clean's Boodle Boodle ep not long after it came out in 1981. A few years later, I became a big fan of the Bats (I still am). It wasn't until 2000 or so that I realized that it was the bands were related. This is a hard thing for a big music snob like me to admit.

I also want to thank Cake Shop and Andy Bodor for putting this together, and also (or course) The Clean. I showed up early, as I wasn't sure I was on the RSVP list. When I got to Cake Shop, I ended up getting to hang out with Robert Scott, which for a fan of New Zealand "punk", is sort of like getting to hang out with Johnny Rotten or Joe Strummer. Needless to say, he's a very nice low key kind of guy. This is a show I won't forget anytime soon.

No comments: