Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Most Serene Republic at Bowery Ballroom - October 16, 2007


Click image to open The Most Serene Republic gallery

Milton, Ontario's The Most Serene Republic put on one hell of a show, and I'll definitely be on the lookout for them next time they come to NYC. Their music reminded me a bit of They Might be Giants...sort of nerdy, poppy, and experimental at the same time. I couldn't help but think of the guy from "That 70s Show" when lead singer and trombonist Adrian Jewett skipped with glee all over the stage...and guitarist/vocalist Emma Ditchburn (what a sweet, melodic voice) was just so cute I was cursing myself that I couldn't have been on her side of the stage! Check out their recent album Population if you want to hear some intelligent, slightly nerdy, very melodious indy pop.

The Most Serene Republic are: Adrian Jewett, Ryan Lenssen, Nick Greaves, Emma Ditchburn, Sean Woolven, Simon Lukasewich, Tony Nesbitt-Larking

1 comment:

Maryanne67 said...

That's a great photo!